LOGOS equivalent course numbers:
Undergraduate: CNS131 Biblical Counseling
Graduate: CNS531 Biblical Counseling
Course Description: This course teaches 44 of the most important principles in the Bible, counseling methods and techniques for their application, and how to construct counseling plans from biblical principles.
Additional Graduate Text Books: How People Grow by Cloud and Townsend
IN ORDER TO RECEIVE CREDIT FOR THIS COURSE YOU MUST COMPLETE THESE REQUIREMENTS.
2. Watch each video while referencing the book and take any additional notes not covered in the textbook. Prepare for the open book final examination.
3. Write a 3 page paper developing a new biblical principle not discussed in this book. Use a concordance, topical Bible, or computer program to gather verses. Use the same format as in the book and have at least 10 points and verses.
4. Write 5 page paper developing a counseling plan for a simple psychological problem. Use the forms provided and make sure to explain your problem and solution train. Provide a list of the steps you would take to counsel this problem. Do additional research on the subject and cite at least 3 refrences other than the Bible.
5. For graduate credit students are required to write an additional 5 page paper developing a new Biblical counseling plan for a complex psychological problem. Make sure to justify your problem, solution, and the steps to your plan. Do additional reseach on the subject and cite at least 3 references other thatn the Bible.
6. Take the open book test that will be E-mailed to you when you have submitted the papers. You may use your notes, book, or the DVDs for reference.
7. Submit your papers and final examination to Word of Life Institute for grading at firstname.lastname@example.org.