LOGOS equivalent course numbers:
Undergraduate: CNS301 Introduction to Psychopathology
Graduate: CNS701 Introduction to Psychopathology
Course Description: This course provides an overview of the common forms of abnormal behavior. It discusses the symptoms, etiology, and treatment according to the nomenclature of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual for Mental Disorders (DSM5). It is intended to provide the counselor with enough background to identify, assess, and refer clients which might present cases beyond the capabilities of the counselor.
Text Book: DSM5 Made Easy by Morrison
IN ORDER TO RECEIVE CREDIT FOR THIS COURSE YOU MUST FULFILL THESE COURSE REQUIREMENTS
1. First read and underline important passages and insights in the textbook DSM5.
2. Watch each DVD while referencing the book and take any additional notes not covered in the textbook.
3. Write a 5 page paper on a specific DSM5 mental disorder. Include more in-depth information on diagnosis, etiology, and treatment and cite at lest 5 additional references. Do not just repeat back what has been discussed in the class but dig deeper into other books and the Bible for additional ideas.
4. Write a 3 page paper on how you would counsel a person with a specific psychological disorder. Derive in-depth information on diagnosis, etiology, and treatment directly from additional books or the Bible citing at lest 3 additional references other than the Bible. Do not just repeat back what has been discussed in the class but dig deeper into other books and the Bible for additional ideas.
5. FOR GRADUATE CREDIT ONLY, students are required to write an additional 5 page paper developing a new model from the Bible on Schizophrenia, Bi-polar, or a personality disorder. Do additional research on the subject and cite at least 5 additional sources. Do you accept the current secular view concerning these disorders and how would you treat your selected disorder?
6. Take the open book test which will be E-mailed to you when you obtain these materials. You may use your notes, book, or the DVDs for reference.
7. Submit your papers and final examination to Word of Life Institute for grading via E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.