LOGOS equivalent course numbers:
Undergraduate: BBS100 Church/Ministry Administration
Graduate: BBS500 Church/Ministry Administration
Text Book: Building Your Ideal Private Practice: A Guide for Therapists and Other Healing Professionals 2nd Edition by Lynn Grodzki (Secular)
No Graduate Text Book Required. Optional Text Book:
The Clinical Documentation Sourcebook by Donald E. Wiger(Secular)
IN ORDER TO RECEIVE CREDIT FOR THIS COURSE YOU MUST MEET THESE COURSE REQUIREMENTS
1. Read and underline important passages and insights in the textbooks.
2. Watch each video while referencing the books and take any additional notes not covered in the textbook. Prepare for the open book final examination.
3. Assignment #1 Write a 5 page paper providing your vision, mission statement, and business plan for your church-based counseling center. Use the Small Business Plan format provided on www.sba.gov under starting a business. Discuss what you believe God is directing you to do and how, with His help, you will accomplish it.
4. Assignment #2 Write a 3 page paper outlining the entire structure and plans for your center as a proposal to your pastor asking for his support. Make this plans as detailed as possible.
5. Assignment #3 FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS ONLY. Write a 7 page paper developing all the forms, procedures, and advertising necessary to open your center. Make sure you have forms to cover all of the major issues covered in class including your center structure, contacts, administration, security procedure, documentation, intake, advised consent, payments, and advertising brochures.
6. Take the open book test that will be E-mailed to you when have completed the papers. You may use your notes, book, or the videos for reference.
7. Submit your papers and final examination to Word of Life Institute for grading via E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.