LOGOS equivalent course numbers:
Undergraduate: PTH112 Mentoring/Coaching
Graduate: PTH512 Mentoring/Coaching
Course Description: This course provides an overview of Bible-based coaching methods and techniques. Models for coaching are derived directly from the Bible. The text book Christian Coaching gives an overview of the field of coaching and Leadership Coaching discusses the methods and skills.
Text Books: Christian Coaching by Gary Collins
Leadership Coaching by Tony Stoltzfus
Graduate Text Books: The Business and Practice of Coaching by Grodski and Allen
Additional Optional Text Book: The Call Journey by Tony Stoltzfus
1. First read and underline important passages and insights in the textbooks Christian Coaching and Leadership Coaching.
2. Watch each video or DVD and take additional notes.
3. Write a 3 page paper expanding on a self-analysis (SWOT) and mission statement for your life.
4. Write a 5 page paper applying what you have learned as you have coached someone else. Make sure to discuss and give examples of all 12 steps in the coaching process. Do addition research on the particular type of coaching you are doing and cite at least 3 additional references.
5. For graduate credit, students are required to write another 5 page paper discussing how they will develop their coaching practice in a local church. Include the proposal that you would present to convince your pastor to start a coaching program in the church, how you would integrate it into the church, and how you would market the coaching program. Do additioanl research and cite at least 3 additional references.
6. Take the open book test that will be sent to you after you have completed the papers. You may use your notes, book, or the DVDs for reference.
7. Submit your papers and final examination to Word of Life Institute for grading by Email.