Faith Therapy curriculum is designed to train counselors and life coaches for ministry in Bible-based churches or to add a Bible-based spiritual emphasis to more secularly based programs designed for state licensure. Unlike some other curriculum which consists of a lot of information on many topics and counseling theories, Faith Therapy provides a single fully integrated biblical salvation-based theory and method of counseling that can be used to integrate all other counseling training within that theory.
The four basic "The Just Shall Live by Faith" books and courses provide an overall foundation that allows the integration of more detailed information in the future. Faith Therapy provides an understanding of how salvation by faith actually works and addresses meeting the deeper needs of self-worth, significance, love and security as well as many common problems. Transformation addresses and gives biblical models from Bible stories for counseling most of the complex problems in the church. Revelations explains the steps of spiritual growth that underlie the process of salvation. Finally, Principles of Life explains how to use biblical principles to build counseling plans for problems not directly addressing in a particular biblical story.
Established schools and colleges with at least 10 students can qualify at a number of different levels and for reduced fees for our materials. Churches establishing their own schools can also qualify for these levels and reduced fees for using the Faith Therapy Curriculum.
1. Use the Faith Therapy videos. Anyone can use our materials for free without asking our permission but you are not allowed to copy or distribute our materials or state that you are officially affiliated with us. However, you can use these videos as part of your curriculum and grant your own certifications and degrees.
2. Receive our certifications. You can obtain our course credit, a certificate of course completion, or one of our certifications online, via DVDs, or using videos or MP3s. You can also offer our courses to others, but they will still have to pay the fees, send their papers and tests to us for grading, and have us or a qualified counselor provide the supervision for the practicum.
3. Offer our certifications as a Word of Life Institute affiliate. After you have completed one of our certifications or degrees, we will allow your to use our videos to instruct this material, grade the papers and tests, and supervise your own practicums. We will still require an actual video of each student counseling to verify that the students are competent to counsel before certifying them. We may require a site visit to verify that you meet our standards before we may authorize you to state that you are affiliated with us.
4. Offer diplomas and degrees through us granted by Logos. Once you have successfully graduated a number of classes of certification students, we will authorize you to start offering diplomas and degrees. Students will still have to be graded and supervised by us since at this point your connection to Logos Christian College is still through us and we have to verify the grades and degree completion to Logos.
5. Become a Logos affiliate. After effectively completing several certification classes and graduating a number of degreed students, you can chose to become a direct affiliate of Logos University and become qualified to qualify for their degrees.
Curriculum Packages consist of videos on the Internet, DVD or Flash Drives for certification, bachelors, or master's degrees levels. Currently there are 15 courses available on video and each is accompanied by a syllabus with assigned text books, required papers, and final examination with grading key.
If the school wishes to have their students receive our certification either they must qualify one of their instructors in the Faith Therapy curriculum or have us provide the grading and the supervision for the practicum. As a minimum they must provide a video of the student actually counseling a client for verification that they are a competent counselor.
We provide the following curriculum offers at a reduced fee for qualified schools.